The spread of novel coronavirus is of major concern, and St Mary’s Church is taking its responsibilities seriously. We’re following all advice given to us by official sources, as well as constantly working to improve our response and provide people the support they need.
Please remain in your home unless you are leaving to buy essential groceries, collect medication, exercise in isolation or perform an essential job that cannot be done from home. Do not leave your house in any other circumstance.
Please get in touch if you would like the Church to offer what support it can during this time.
If you have a new, persistent cough or have a fever then do not visit your GP or attend hospital unless told to do so. Remain at home and follow the NHS self-isolation advice. If symptoms persist or become serious, use the NHS 111 Online service for more help, or call 111.
We will keep this page up to date as advice and our response changes.
Last updated Sunday 29 March 2020 at 11.00 am.
What we’re doing
- You can join us online for a short act of worship every Sunday at 10.00 am at whitkirkchurch.org.uk/live.
- We’ve put together a collection of prayers and resources to help you continue your worship.
- In line with Government guidance, our church is closed for all services and prayer until further notice.
- We’re providing additional outreach and pastoral care to members of the community who need it.
What you can do
The best way you can help is to stay at home unless buying essential groceries, collecting medication, exercising in isolation or performing an essential job that cannot be done from home. Everyone has a part to play in protecting themselves and others.
- We’ve put together a collection of prayers and resources you may find useful
- The Church of England provides liturgy and prayer resources for this time