You can now come to the church at Whitkirk for private prayer. To help keep everybody safe and to allow for necessary cleaning, this must be booked in advance and is limited to a 10-minute slot.
Prayer is available on a Saturday afternoon for individuals to spend time inside St Mary’s, and is subject to some rules.
You can choose from the available times for private prayer on a Saturday using the form below. Remember to check your details and confirm the booking. We’ll send you an email with all the details when your time has been reserved.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use the church for prayer, but as part of this we must always put the safety of people first. We ask that everybody coming to pray with us follows these rules:
- If you feel ill, suspect you have been exposed to coronavirus or are self isolating you must not attend a private prayer session.
- Time slots for prayer are strictly limited to 10 minutes at a time. Please keep to your booked time, as we may not be able to move your slot.
- When you arrive at the church please wait outside until invited in by the steward.
- If you can, please wear a mask.
- Hand sanitiser is provided by the door to the church – please clean your hands when entering and leaving the building.
- Avoid touching surfaces wherever possible.
- Follow the instructions of the steward.