Couples have been tying the knot at Whitkirk for generations, and today our beautiful Grade I listed Church is the perfect place to celebrate your wedding. With options including music from our 1930s pipe organ, choir, soloists and the sound of bells along with stunning 15th century architecture, we can make sure your wedding service is exactly what you want as part of your perfect day.
If you’re interested and want to talk more about getting married at Whitkirk, marriage blessings, renewing vows or anything else either email us at email@example.com, or call 0113 264 5790 to get things started.
Can I get married at Whitkirk?
We look forward to talking with you about your wedding plans. There are some legal limits on who we are allowed to marry. One of you should satisfy one of these conditions:
- Live in the parish
- Regularly attend worship in the Church or have done so for at least 6 months in the past
- Have been baptised in the Church or been prepared for confirmation here
- At any time resided in the parish for at least 6 months
- A parent has resided in the parish for at least 6 months at any time (or still does)
- A parent regularly attends worship in the Church or has done so for at least 6 months in the past
- A parent or grandparent was themselves married in the Church
Where one of you has been divorced, please click here to read the notes on marriage in church after divorce.
How much does it cost?
There are some fees for a Church of England wedding. This table sets out both the basic fee, which includes everything needed for your wedding to take place and also the additional extras available. We will be happy to discuss your requirements as part of preparing for the service.
Can I hold my wedding reception at Whitkirk?
Yes, you can. Our Church Hall is right next to the church itself and, subject to availability, can be hired to hold your wedding reception. You can discuss hiring the hall and the options available as part of preparing for your wedding service.